CHS is reporting first quarter net earnings of more than $347 million. That’s an increase of $160 million from the same quarter last year. Higher margins in the crop nutrients business and improved market conditions in the energy segment were factors. CHS, which held a 25 percent stake in West Central Distribution, has exercised its option to purchase the remaining 75 percent of the company.
Subscribe to RRFN
Get a weekly digest from RRFN to stay up-to-date on all the latest news in agriculture.