Bayer now has 65 percent ownership of winter oilseed producer CoverCress Incorporated. Bunge and Chevron own the remaining 35 percent ownership. CoverCress is a cash crop that combines grain production with the environmental benefits of a cover crop without displacing other harvests. The oil from this grain is designed to help achieve a lower carbon intensity score and can be made into renewable diesel.
Subscribe to RRFN
Get a weekly digest from RRFN to stay up-to-date on all the latest news in agriculture.