Extreme drought conditions in North Dakota increased seven percent this past week. The latest U.S. Drought Monitor puts 82 percent of the state in that category. The remaining 18 percent is experiencing some form of dryness. In South Dakota, dry conditions again remain mixed this week with little change. The northwestern and north-central regions remain in extreme and severe drought, and those dry conditions improve further south and east. A small pocket in east-central South Dakota has found relief from the dryness. The majority of Minnesota has sufficient moisture, with far southern and northwestern areas either abnormally dry or in moderate drought. Compared to last week, there was a 10 percent increase in moderate and abnormally dry conditions. The exception comes in Kittson County where there is severe drought.